Pages

Friday 13 May 2011

Helter-Skelter, Topsy-Turvy, Roller-Coaster!





First of all my apologies to the regular visitors of my blog, but it’s been a hectic period with a topsy-turvy, roller-coaster of emotions and happenings; but I’m back with a vengeance, so stay tuned-in.


Even though I haven’t been putting on any new entries over the past few weeks, I can report that I have now had over 800 ‘hits’ on this blog and over 500 on my website - so thank you all for your support -  maybe we can make it to the thousand mark on here soon?  Oh by the way, welcome to my visitor from Latvia.......whoever you are?





 At the top of my blog page you will see the phrase “adopt a helter-skelter style of life” and recently I was challenged over just that.........so off to Thorpe Park it was to see if I had the stomach for it.   




I’m pleased to say that I do still have my stomach, and its contents, although I am not convinced I have my marbles anymore after agreeing to go on every one of the challenging rides there.  




Something else I’m not convinced about are the words “helter-skelter” being the most apt words to describe these rides; the combination of sheer acceleration, hanging upside-down at high speed, continuous corkscrews and the weightlessness caused by all that, certainly makes more expletive words spring to mind than helter-skelter!!! 





Whilst I do not have any photos to prove I went on the rides.......here are a few pics I did take whilst there.......and I’m pretty sure 5 years have been taken off my life in the process.


If you haven’t been to Thorpe Park; go!  It does make you feel alive and it gets the adrenaline pumping around the body and will make you realise just how much your body can endure (if you survive of course).  Although the queueing and overcharging did tax me to the full - it was a great day out............so what’s the next challenge? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for supporting my blog and for your comment/message.