Pages

Friday 29 June 2012

Ship-shape.......nearly.

It's been a busy period as far as Brown Eyes in concerned....


Some very old, tired ropes.
I've now also taken off both the main sail and foresail, cleaned and refitted them.  The postman has been kept busy delivering all my Ebay purchases, a great source for ropes, other fittings and tools.  Cleaning above and below deck also continues and I have an expert sorting out some of the paintwork that needs attention. I have also refitted a few deck fittings to stop some tiny leaks that were only apparent when it rained.
40 Horsepower Volvo Penta 
The engine and sail-drive have also been serviced and I should thank Mark at this point for his patient tuition of me whilst he carried out that task. The knowledge gained from him will be of great use in the future, I have no doubt. (Note to the other Steve - you have to have the camshaft in a certain position for that little fuel primer to work - now we know!)


The Impeller housing - we all know what that is!
There is still plenty of work left to do, however, I can really see the change taking place as the work progresses and hope to have her out sailing again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for supporting my blog and for your comment/message.