Pages

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Work Begins....


Things are going well with getting Brown Eyes ‘ship-shape’, even though the to-do list seems to be getting longer rather than shorter.
A winch half stripped.
Lots of cleaning is going on below, whilst up on deck I decided to start aft and work my way forward.  Earlier last week I stripped the mizzen of it’s sail, stack-pack and running rigging and today, I am pleased to report, put it all back in place.  This has served two purposes, first of all it all runs a little more smoothly than before and also, I now know how it all goes together.
All the bits
Over the weekend I took my first winch to pieces and serviced it and more importantly successfully put it back together.  One down, 7 to go!


I have also started to reseal some of the deck fitting, as there are a few signs of water ingress below deck....but nothing serious.
It’s engine and mainsail next.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for supporting my blog and for your comment/message.