Pages

Sunday 12 May 2013

My Adventure Challenges in Support of East Anglian's Children's Hospices (EACH)

After more than 32 years of a nomad life in the Royal Air Force Regiment,  I retired from military life early last year and I put down roots here in Ipswich, Suffolk.
It took me a while to realise that less than a mile from where I now live is a very special place, filled with exceptional people.  That place is called "The Treehouse" and it is one of 3 hospices run by the charity East Anglia's Children's Hospices.  
EACH supports families and cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk. They provide care and support wherever the family wishes – in families’ own homes, in the community or at one of the hospices in Ipswich, Milton and Quidenham.
The care teams help children and their families with the emotional and physical challenges they face, helping them to make the most of life.
Anita's gym has supported EACH with a number of events and challenges in the past and we both recently visited The Treehouse to see for ourselves the work that they do there and the facilities available.  A very humbling experience.
Witnessing firsthand the services that EACH is able to offer to children and their families was enough to convince me that this is a cause worth supporting.
In the past I have run marathons, canoed down rivers and entered chariot races to raise money and awareness for a variety of charities.  But this time it is different.
Whilst running a marathon is not easy, whenever I started one in the past I always knew that I was probably going to finish it - even if it was on my hands and knees.  So this time I am setting myself challenges that I do not know whether or not I can complete them and I'm asking you for your support.
I have set up a Virgin Money Giving web page where you can donate direct to the EACH charity and you can also get a first glimpse of the 3 challenges that I have set for myself over the next 8 months.  I will also put more details of my challenges in this blog over the next week and you will be able to follow my training and progress here - so why not sign up on the right of this page for email notifications.
Thank you for reading this far.  In the meantime, please do use the links to visit the EACH and Treehouse websites to find out more about this worthy charity or click below to donate:
Please click here to donate.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for supporting my blog and for your comment/message.